Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sad news

Yesterday was my birthday. It was lovely, despite the rainy weather. We had planned to run a 5K race. But it was pouring rain when we woke up at 5:30am and we decided not to go since we knew we had to haul two pickup loads of firewood to my old school for their annual Oyster Roast. We went back to sleep and Hubby made me breakfast in bed. Later in the afternoon, we hauled the wood over to my old school. The event went great despite the drizzle of rain. We came home and I hit the sack.

After a nap I decided to get on Facebook, only to find out that a young woman that I know had lost her fight with Leukemia. She wasn't someone I knew intimately, but she was someone who had touched many lives of the people around me. She only found out she had cancer a few months ago and from what I understand, she put up an heroic fight. I'm so sorry for her children, her family and her friends. I'm not an overly religious person, but I do thank God for giving me one more day. God Bless Marie and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment