Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Progress?

I finally touched base with our new social worker. I emailed her to say hello and check if there were any updates. I had decided to do this once a month and asked her if that was ok. Her response was very encouraging and warm. She said to email or call anytime and that once a month was more than reasonable. She said they were still a bit slow. They had one baby in care who would be returned to his mother this week. She also said they had contact with a few pregnant women, but none of them were due any time soon. Sounds a bit better than the last update. She seems very nice, and that put my mind at ease a bit.

Still keeping busy. We are running a 5K on my birthday this month. It is also the time of year for oyster roasts-always a good time. And New Orleans is right around the corner. I got laughing at myself today. I'm trying to figure out how best to spend our free time there. I keep saying, "Well we gotta eat here. And don't forget about the food at such-n-such". There's a saying in New Orleans.

"Most places people eat to live, in New Orleans, people live to eat."

It's so true and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment