Friday, March 18, 2011

Super Moon!

I walked outside near dusk last night and happened to notice we were close to getting a full moon. I remembered what my mother, an ER nurse, always said. She hated working on nights when there was a full moon because it seemed every pregnant woman went into labor and every crazy person got crazier, and they all ended up in the ER. Knowing that the baby's due date is this Wednesday, I briefly thought about the pregnant woman part. Hmmm.

Then, at 3am this morning, I awoke and couldn't get back to sleep. (I wonder why) I decided to get up and cruise the Internet for awhile. Then I remembered the moon and wanted to know what day it would be at its fullest. So I Googled "March 2011 full moon". And there they were. The stories about the Super Moon happening tomorrow night. The stories of natural disasters happening. Very scary considering the Japan and NZ quakes. And the more plausible stories that the tides will be much higher in the next few days. And then I remembered what my Mom said about full moons and pregnant women. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

1 comment:

  1. no baby yet. but i think i know why you were awake at 3 am. probably b/c baby boy was kicking my bladder! between baby boy with my bladder and joseph being hungry, 3 am has become a usual waking time for me. baby boy will be here soon though!! (i hope) :)

    ReplyDelete