Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Call

Waited anxiously all day to hear something, anything from the agency. I called at 3:30, but both social workers were out of the office so I left a message. Got a call around 4:20 from one of them. She advised that the paperwork they requested had arrived and looked fine. She then asked if there was anything else I needed. Wait, what?? So I mentioned that, you know, I think the birth mother had a DR'S APPOINTMENT TODAY! Oh, right, she says, he was due last week wasn't he. I said yes. Anyway, they had not had a chance to speak to her today and that was that.

Then I went to the grocery store. As I walked I could hear this adorable tune on the muzak playing. I thought, that is familiar. Where do I know that from? Then I realized it was the special ring I had assigned the agency for when we would get THE call. Frantically, I pulled the phone out of my purse and answered.

Turns out the birth mother had left a voice mail for the other social worker reporting that she was dilated 3cm and the doctor decided to schedule her for induction tomorrow morning - 6:30am!

So after contacting all interested parties, I'm at home to make sure all my packing is done. Hunter is on his way home with a bassinet from his parents. I'm making Mom's famous tuna fish casserole because, frankly it's the only thing I know how to cook without thinking or a recipe.

Just so everybody understands, by Virginia state law, the birth parents have a 10 day period during which they may change their minds. If everything goes as planned tomorrow, the baby will come home with us as a foster child. And then, we see what happens.

I haven't slept well the last 2 nights. I think tonight is gonna be even harder, but I'm glad this day is here. I'm so glad they didn't schedule it for April Fool's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment