Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Dreaded Baby Shower Invitation

Oh, Boy! Just as I have been preparing to get through the holidays, today I received a baby shower invitation. I've been lucky. I think this is the first baby shower invitation I have gotten since before we got married six years ago. Most of my girlfriends had their babies before I was married. During our first year of marriage, my brother and sister-in-law started their family and I happily gave my sister-in-law a baby shower. It was a year later that we realized getting pregnant was going to be a problem for us. During the time that we sought fertility treatments and failed, I had to smile and fight mixed emotions whenever family members would announce their second and third pregnancies. Every single child born since then has been a blessing. But it was hard to watch others add to their familes when we had little hope.


Anyway. Enough with the pity party. Only positive thoughts from now on. The shower is for my young cousin and his wife. They were blessed with twin girls this past weekend. It will be a great time. I am ready for it. Besides, it's a great excuse to shop for baby things!

No comments:

Post a Comment