Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vacation, please hurry

It's been a stormy summer. We usually enjoy plenty of time in our boat on the river. But between summer storms and other engagements, we have barely been on the water. We had a nice afternoon last Sunday and are hoping for another tomorrow. Either way, we are headed to the Outer Banks of NC next Saturday and couldn't be more thrilled. We managed to snag a condo on the beach. Looking forward to our trip down. We always stop at Morris' Farm to stretch our legs and get some fresh produce. Then it's over the bridge and a week at the beach. If you've seen "Nights in Rodanthe", we won't be too far from there.

We live on a river, but nothing beats the beach. I've been going there since I was 11 years old. My aunts would take me and my cousins to spend a week on Roanoke Island back in the 70's. The campground is gone now. But a week there is never complete without going to the Christmas Shop in Manteo or seeing the "Lost Colony". Hunter had never been until we got married. Twice I have given him a choice of where ever or the Outer Banks. He chose the OBX both times. He's definitely a convert. I guess it just suits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment