Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sometimes no news is good news?

I am starting to understand why so many people refer to the adoption process as a roller coaster ride.

I decided to contact the agency to find out if we had been assigned a new social worker and to ask a couple of other questions. One question was whether they would be in regular contact with us to update us on any happenings. Well now I wonder if I should have just left well enough alone. In response, I was told that they were still interviewing for the SW position and that person would become our new contact. Then was told that they thought they were going to be busy this summer because they had a lot of pregnant women making inquiries during the first part of the year. But that they weren't busy at all-exact words. The email went on to encourage us to keep networking and advocating for ourselves.

Now I know this is not as bad as some of the obstacles people have faced during adoption. But I can't stop hearing those words in my head. When our home study was completed in May, we were so excited and had prepared ourselves for the wait ahead. But now it's almost the end of summer and I'm feeling bummed. While I always feel like summer goes by too fast, I guess the silver lining would be that at least we have that many months behind us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment