Saturday, February 12, 2011

One Month Later...

For anyone who reads this little ol' blog, you know 2011 hasn't showed me much so far. We started the year the way you are supposed to - full of hope and anticipation. And then we found out one month ago that we would not be bringing home baby in April. My state of mind during this last month is hard to explain. I guess it's a bit like driving off a cliff. There you are driving along happy as can be. And suddenly, there's no road left and you're falling.

I sort of don't know what to do with myself. I had everything planned out in my head to take us through until it was time to go to Alabama. And now, nothing.

But, I have to say, thank God for friends. I know it's hard for those who were excited for us. They don't really know what to say. It's awkward for them, I'm sure. But, I truly am thankful for friends.

One friend in particular has treated me with the best medicine in the world for a broken heart. Laughter. She and I recently exchanged a few emails reminiscing about some hilarious times we had back in the day when we used to work together. She reminded me how much we used to laugh together. We live hours away from each other now. I'm so glad we are still able to communicate through the Internet.

So, thank you, dear Friend. You know who you are. I'm sending some laughs your way...

Kathleen Madigan on Facebook and Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment