Saturday, February 26, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Enough whining and moaning. It's time to get back to business. We have pretty much lived in an adoption-free zone for the last several weeks. Every once and a while I am asked if we have heard any news. Well, no. No, we haven't. It's just so hard to start all over again.

But, it is what we must do. I finally emailed the social worker we were working with on the now failed match. Hunter and I plan to call her Monday and find out where we stand financially. Our adoption budget took a hit. We are not sure what, if any, of the money we will get back. I'm dreading this conversation.

So, we have to go back and figure out an adoption strategy. We will have to let folks know that we still want to be parents. More networking. It's getting hard to get motivated. Our home study will expire in May. So we have to think about that too. Isn't this a horrible way to have to go about becoming a parent? That sounds terrible, I know. I meant to be positive. But sometimes, it's just too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment