Friday, July 17, 2009

Sad news

Got a letter from our agency yesterday. My heart skipped a beat at first. But I realized they would call if it was the big news. As I read, I realized it was a letter from our social worker advising us that she was leaving the agency. My heart just sank. Her orientation back in January was a big part of why we chose the Children's Home Society of Virginia. We were thrilled when we found out she would be handling our case. I know that I have made comments about how hard some of the home study stuff was, but she truly helped us find our way down a tricky path. She has been the epitome of professionalism combined with compassion.

My first reaction was selfish. My mind raced with negative thoughts. "How could she do this to us?" Hunter was equally saddened. She explained that her husband had been offered a job out west which they couldn't pass up. And while my head understands why a young couple would want to take advantage of a great opportunity, my heart just feels bad for us for losing the one person at the agency who knows us best. I have every faith the agency will provide us with an excellent replacement. But I feel like it won't be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment