Thursday, August 18, 2011

On the road again...

Another week and another road trip to Richmond. This time for a less stressful purpose. Yesterday, Hunter, Richard and I were due at Children's Home Society of Virginia (CHSVA) for our third and final supervisory visit with these nice ladies.


It will probably be the last time we meet with the staff of the agency in any official capacity. Our next step in our adoption of Richard will be in the hands of our adoption attorney. But that won't be until at least October.

It's amazing to me, this journey of ours. We started out as two bewildered people who didn't know where to turn for help with our wish to adopt. We finally found CHSVA. They have done an amazing job as far as we are concerned. Sure, we went through some tough times with some of the staff as in this episode. We also encountered adoption professionals from other agencies with varied results such as these folks.

But I am glad we stuck with CHSVA. The social workers were always there for us. I don't know how they deal with hopeful adoptive parents and not get burned out. Hunter and I are pretty easy to get along with. But I understand the desperation of some couples and I imagine it's not easy being in the hot seat when an adoption is taking longer than a couple thinks it should. So my hat is off to these ladies and their colleagues. Thank you for a job well done from our family of three!

1 comment: