Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Year of Giving-update

It appears my well-intentioned year of giving certainly has derailed a bit. Looks like I missed July through September. I have no excuse other than not really applying myself. When I decided to try this back in January, it was my hope I would not only give money to charities, but give of myself. But working a 40 hour week doesn't exactly lend a person much chance to volunteer. I have been asked 2 years in a row to help the YMCA with their back to school program in which they take kids to Wal-Mart shopping for school supplies. Alas, it is always scheduled for the middle of a workday in August. I work for a Heating and A/C company. August in Virginia is very hot and therefore we are very busy. But that's not a good excuse. I need to try harder. There has to be something out there. In the meantime, we're less that 2 months away from Christmas. I got a letter from Toys for Tots recently. So that's my charity for this month. If you would like to make a donation, click on this link to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment