Friday, May 28, 2010

To Heck with the Lemons. I Need Limes.

Our power came back on between 11pm and midnight last night. It turns out there was a terrible explosion at one of the substations. They were able to re-route some of the power lines to get every body's electricity back on. Everything was back to normal by this morning.

Except this is a holiday weekend. We live in a place that people are drawn to in the summer months. It is very popular with retirees from Northern Virginia and Richmond. It also attracts people who can afford vacation homes. This is a phenomenon that started in the late 1980's and continued in the early 1990's when I was actually living in Richmond. So we are slowly becoming one of those resort towns that have a population surge during the summer months. Today the traffic in town where I work was awful between 3pm and 5:30pm.

All I wanted when I got home was a Margarita and to sit on our deck and relax. I needed to pick up 2 things on the way home. Margarita mix and limes. We have 2 Supermarkets in town. The first had NO LIMES AND NO MARGARITA MIX. So off I go to the other store. Found limes but no Margarita mix. I had to improvise and buy some Margarita flavored drinks to mix a drink.

Anyhow, it's the beginning of the summer season. Traffic is busier. Restaurants will be crowded. The river will be noisy with motor boats and jet skis. And Margarita mix will be in short supply. Oh well, I will start to stock up in June in preparation for 4th of July celebrations.

This holiday is thanks to all the men and women who gave their lives in combat for our country. Please remember all the military men and women currently risking their lives for our freedom. I really shouldn't be bitching about limes and margarita mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment