Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I've been having a little pity party today. Got up this morning and checked out Facebook. Everyone seemed to be wishing Happy Mother's Day. Post after post, "Happy Mother's Day". I finally had to just get off the computer. It's hard to go another year still be waiting.

Then I decided, no more belly aching. I'm gonna celebrate what I do have. And that is 2 great mothers. We took both sets of parents to brunch today and had a great time. So here is a tribute to my 2 mothers.

My mother is amazing. She was the oldest and the only sister of 5 siblings. She married at the age of 19 and had me and my brother before she was 21. She was a stay at home mom until my brother and I were teenagers. Then she went back to school and became a registered nurse. She has worked at the local hospital for over 25 years. She is one of the funniest people I know. We have had our trials over the years, but I swear, if I could go back and hand pick my mother knowing what I know now, I would pick her every time.

And then there is my mother-in-law. She is such a kind person. Hunter gets his sunny disposition from her. They have the same laugh. She never stops moving. She has a wonderful, encouraging personality. She is semi-retired from her teacher's assistant job. She is the glue of our family life. She fought breast cancer and won. She has taught me to can vegetables and she turns our apples and pears into applesauce and jam. I am so fortunate to have such a lovely mother-in-law.

So another year passes. I hope that I will one day live up to these two wonderful mothers. Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Looks like we have quite a bit in common - we're both from small Virginia towns and we're both married to guys who work for Electric Co-ops.
    I've been reading about your efforts to adopt. I sincerely hope that by next Mother's Day, that precious child who is meant to be yours will be in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Thank you so much. I enjoyed seeing your flowers and am glad your kitty is back. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete