Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Family Time


We are currently on vacation with my parents and my brother's family in Orlando. My nephew turned 6 today. We celebrated by spending the day at Disney's Magic Kingdom. This is my first visit since 1978. Epcot was just in the planning stages back then. Boy, it's a lot different than I remember. And very crowded today. In the morning we managed Pirates of the Caribbean, the Jungle cruise and the Haunted Mansion. Those were my favorites from back then. We took a break and then went back tonight. It worked out that by the time we made it over to the Dumbo ride, the fireworks were in full swing. So my nephew got to end his 6th birthday celebration riding Dumbo with the sounds and sights of the fireworks going off all around us. A truly magical day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect birthday for your nephew. Glad you had fun. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like great fun. My daughter would love to go there. Have a great weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete