Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Adoption Tax Credit

I saw this forum post on Adoptive Families magazine's web site today. It's a link to a petition supporting not abolishing the adoption tax credit in 2013. I don't know everything about the adoption tax credit bill. I just know that as Hunter and I await the circuit court judge's signature on our attorney's request to finalize our adoption, this tax credit is something that will help us with our adoption costs. We were lucky, our agency bases its fee on each household's income. So, that was already a big help. But then we have attorney fees on top of that. It adds up.

Apparently the adoption tax credit will disappear in 2013. I think this is a terrible shame. There are so many ordinary families like us who could give a child a home. We're not all like "Brangelina"! Adoption is already filled with so many emotional up and downs. This tax credit can really make the difference for people out there who want to help a child.

I've installed a link on the side bar. If you care about adoption, please go and add your name to the petition.

No comments:

Post a Comment