Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

What a horrible, horrible tragedy. I haven't had time to watch much of the news coverage of the devastation for the earthquake. But I have been amazed at finding so many ways to give to the earthquake relief. It's unbelievable. You can just text an organization like the American Red Cross and your donation is added to your next cell phone bill. What a fantastic idea!

While looking at NOLA.com, I found a link to a great list of responding agencies and how to donate to them. It includes organizations like the Red Cross, Unicef and Care. But also a variety of religious organizations as well. Here is the link http://www.interaction.org/crisis-list/earthquake-haiti.

So I'm going to put my money where my mouth is with regards to this year's challenge to give and I am going donate to one of these organizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment