Sunday, May 27, 2012

Did I Mention I Love "Modern Family"?

I can't get "Modern Family" out of my head. The last episode this year really touched me. At the beginning of the season, Mitch and Cam, fathers of Lily, decided they wanted to add to their family. They announced they were planning to adopt a baby boy. There were a few other adoption issues on TV shows this season. One of them was on "Glee". I like "Glee". But the birth mother issue in those episodes could have been represented better. A lot of people criticized the way they portrayed Quinn's anger and wanting to have her baby returned. But, you know, I bet there are birth mothers out there who can identify with those feelings. So, that's all I have to say about that.


But the thing I can't get out of my head, is the scene where Mitch and Cam wander out into a field after learning that they would not be bringing home a baby. I could write a million blog posts and never make anyone understand what that feeling is like. But, the two of them, laying in that field, holding hands, comforting each other... I've been there and I know what that's like. I've said it before. Adoption is not easy and that's probably what makes it so rewarding. I'm so glad the writers didn't take the easy way out of this story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment