Friday, March 23, 2012

Sweet Child of Mine

I took Richard to the local elementary school's book fair today. I was signed in by the lovely wife of a schoolmate of mine. Found out another schoolmate was working in the office today. Great to see her. Then I got to the library. Kids were going through one by one. Very encouraging to see them wanting to buy books. I made my choices for my boy and stood in line to pay. A lady in the library looked at Richard and asked, "does he have a brother here at school". I said, "No, he is an only child." She then asked, "Whose child is he?" I said, "I'm sorry". Thought I had not heard her correctly. She repeated, "Whose child is he?".

All I could think to say was "He is mine".

This is on top of being referred to as Richard's "Grandma" this week at the grocery store.

I suppose things could be worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment