Sunday, February 12, 2012

No more "Me Time"

I have a confession. I really want some "me time".

This morning the baby woke up at 6:30am. That was after we didn't get home until after 9pm last night. His bath was late. He got to bed late. We thought he would sleep late. But he didn't. *sigh*

So this morning, we fed him, changed his diaper, fed him again, changed his diaper again. This is the week Hunter's church just has Sunday school and Hunter likes to take Richard with him because they have a nursery. I like the idea too, 'cause it gives me a little piece of "me time". Well, this morning, 9:30 couldn't come soon enough. I kept watching the clock wishing 9:30 would get here. I had all kinds of plans for my time. Catching up on "Glee" maybe, or finally watching "Bridesmaids".

And when the two of them left, I just couldn't seem to sit still. I really wanted a nap, but I just couldn't do it. There were clothes to be folded and washed. The bathroom really needed cleaning. What were we going to have for dinner?? So I started my chores. Initially I was in a bad mood about it all. Why do I have to do all this and why can't I enjoy a little peace and quiet??

And then as I was folding my baby boy's clothes, I knew why. Because I'm a MOM! This time last year I was in a very low place emotionally. Today, every time I folded a piece of clothing or stepped over a toy, I just looked to the sky and thanked God for my husband and my little boy! I am so fortunate and hope I never lose sight of that.

By the way, we had snow last night. Not much, but it's Richard's first snow. Had to take a picture.

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog around the time you brought your baby home. I had recently gone back and read some of your past blogs and just wanted to let you know that it gives us hope. We are going through the same agency that ya'll use and became active last May (the day they changed you to congratulations they added us as a waiting family). Glad to see your family of three is doing well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Reading blogs helped me so much during our wait. I continue to blog to hopefully help others on their adoption journey. Thanks for the input. I wish you well!

      Delete
  2. I can relate! It's hard for me to "relax," when there's always so much to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. How about our big snow storm? Just about an inch. Bet you're jealous!

      Delete