Thursday, July 8, 2010

Heat Wave

What makes a 90 degree day seem like bliss? 2 days of enduring temps of 100+. What crazy weather this year. I swore last winter I would not complain about the heat this summer. I was looking forward to a nice and mild Spring and early Summer. But it went from cold to hot with very little in between. What is it? El Nino or something?

At least we had a break this weekend and it was great. Here are a few pics from the big Independence Day weekend.

Picture of the Stack just before the fireworks. The blue boat in the background is a boat my Dad used to work on.



5K runners heading to my Uncle's boat for fishing trip/lunch cruise



Our destination. The 5k race and the cruise start at the same time. Thus the need for a shuttle.



The parade



My silly nephew enjoying cake and ice cream



His picture of me. We egg each other on all the time.



The break in the heat made it possible for us all to have a fantastic weekend. Now we are waiting for another break from the 100 degree weather. Hunter and I have been invited to go Tubing and Camping out near Charlottesville this weekend. We got a new tent and we are looking forward to a new adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics. I can relate to your observation about 90 degrees. When we lived in Oregon it would get over 100 and we'd speak to relations in the UK who were "sweltering" in 87 degrees. That just sounded icy in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the tubing and camping over the weekend. Your 4th weekend looks like it was lots of fun. We stayed at home and had a quiet holiday.

    ReplyDelete