Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer's done. What to do now?

I have been a bit short sighted on "the wait". I had lined up a few projects for the Summer like running the 5K and planning our vacation. Well, all that is done now and I have Fall and Winter to get through.

I have discovered that I am happiest when I have a project or a puzzle to solve. When I worked as a Travel Agent that muscle was worked everyday. I loved nothing better than putting together the pieces of someone's vacation or business trip. But the travel business grew unstable and now I work in a more sensible profession-Heating and Air Conditioning. Oh joy. So I usually spend a lot of time (probably too much) working on our yearly trip. Well, we're done with that and now I need to find something else to do with my free time.

I was really down after getting home this weekend. What was I gonna do now? Train for the half marathon? Obsess about Christmas gifts? Then I saw some sorority sisters talking online about our reunion this fall. I had decided against going to it last Spring. But now, I wanna go so bad!

So I've started the task I love so much. Making travel plans. New Orleans here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment